Just like on Sundays, the Guest Experience (GX) Team at Celebration plays a vital role in making our guests feel welcome at Houston's First — whether they are first-timers or familiar faces. The hospitality we provide will help set the tone for what they are about to experience.
Below is high-level information you'll need to know about serving on the Celebration GX Team. Once you have read it over — or if you are ready to go now — complete the Shift Registration form providing us with your contact information, the presentations at which you want to serve, your role preferences, and other information.
Have questions? Contact Steven W. Murray, director of communications, or Becky Murphy, our GX Team coordinator, for answers!
The Celebration GX Team has volunteers serving in the following roles at each presentation:
- Greeters welcome people at the building entrances, and are usually the first face that most people will see when they arrive!
- Ticket Checkers are the gatekeepers as people enter the Worship Center – but you are friendly and gracious gatekeepers! We only do a visual check of the tickets for the correct date and time. We do not scan the tickets with any electronic devices.
- Ushers play the role of “host” inside the Worship Center as you welcome people into your living room. You make them feel welcome, help them find their seats, and chat with guests along the way.
- Floaters are strategically place throughout the building hallways to provide guests with an easy-to-find source for help and information.
GX Team members are expected to attend one of two training sessions. If your schedule prevents you from attending either one, we can make other arrangements if needed.
- Wed, Nov 30 @ 6:30-7:45p — The Loop (room TBD)
- Sun, Dec 4 @ 12:30-1:45p — The Loop (room TBD)
GX Team members are expected to arrive two (2) hours before the presentation's start time and report directly to the Connection Center. When you may leave depends on the role you are assigned.
- Wed, Dec 7 @ 7:30p — check-in at 5:30p
- Thu, Dec 8 @ 7:30p — check-in at 5:30p
- Fri, Dec 9 @ 7:30p — check-in at 5:30p
- Sat, Dec 10 @ 10a — check-in at 8a
- Sat, Dec 10 @ 2:30p — check-in at 12:30p
- Sat, Dec 10 @ 7:30p — check-in at 5:30p
- Sun, Dec 11 @ 2:30p — check-in at 12:30p
- Sun, Dec 11 @ 7:30p — check-in at 5:30p
An easily identifiable GX Team will help guests know whom to ask for help.
- Solid black pants or skirt
- Solid white shirt, blouse or sweater (white only – not off-white or with colored embellishments)
- Red plaid scarf (provided for you)
- Comfortable shoes (please, no tennis shoes unless solid black)
- Women –– minimal accessories, please (no flashing accessories of any kind)
- Men –– ties are not needed (if worn, please wear a red tie)
- Greeters may wear coats if standing at building entrances
- Layering your clothes is wise – you never know when it will be cold (or warm) in your part of the building
During the presentations, volunteers may sit in any open seats along the back row of the Lower Level or the top row of the Balcony — assuming their assigned roles do not require them to be positioned elsewhere.