Touching the Lives of Those Undergoing Treatment
Hope House Ministry provides housing in a cozy, home environment for a patient and family member who come to Houston during outpatient treatment in one of Houston’s many medical treatment facilities. Patients and their caregivers not only have a safe, warm, relaxing home to reside in as they travel back and forth to treatment, but they are also loved on and prayed over by the many ministries of Houston’s First Baptist Church. This opportunity for temporary housing is a gift to families going through one of the toughest seasons of their lives, provided by tithes and love offerings of Houston’s First Baptist Church families and its many friends.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- Romans 15:13
The home is furnished with gifts from church members through a House Warming Registry at Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, The Home Depot and Alyson Jon Interiors. Cash donations are accepted as well for the purchase of housewares, electronics, appliances, furniture and ongoing support.
- Bed Bath and Beyond: Registry #12503300: Houston’s First Baptist Church Hope House
- Target: TargetList > Advanced Search by Organization: Houston’s First Baptist Hope House
- Home Depot: In Store Only – Houston’s First Baptist Church > Events #: 6985-620833
- Alyson Jon: Contact at 713.524.3171
The Hope House Ministry can only accept gifts listed on the above registries. Items were selected that are easy to clean and that can help maintain an environment suitable for residents whose immune systems may not be at full strength. Other than financial contributions, we will not be able to accept homemade items or other gifts not listed on these registries.
As the ministry grows and develops, volunteers will have multiple avenues of personally ministering to the families.
Gifts can be dropped off in the Pastoral Care Office (Rm 124) or mailed to:
Hope House Ministry
Houston's First Baptist Church
7401 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024
Eligibility & Registration Process
Due to limited space and the typical duration of stay, applicants must go through a registration process so we can determine eligibility and reserve a spot.
You are eligible to stay at the Hope House if you meet the following criteria:
- Patients being treated in one of Houston’s medical facilities
- A minimum stay of two weeks but no longer than six weeks
- Must live more than 125 miles from Houston
- Patients must be ambulatory (the facility is not wheelchair accessible)
- Patient must have a caregiver with them at all times in our facility during their entire stay
- Patient/Caregiver may be absent from Hope House for no more than a total of three consecutive nights (not including time spent in the hospital with the patient or a three day respite).
- A signed Waiver of Confidentiality to allow the Hope House Ministry to access background checks on each Caregiver/family member over the age of 1
- A signed Waiver of Medical Confidentiality to help insure that Hope House Ministry is able to meet the housing needs of a patient
- An interview with a Hope House representative. Appointment for interview (in person) will be scheduled by the Hope House Administrator
- Upon approval the Patient/Caregiver will sign a Short-Term Housing Agreement and pay a Reservation/Security deposit of $200.
Houston’s First Baptist Church provides Hope House free of charge. However, we ask for a $200 refundable reservation and security (damage) fee and ask that you might prayerfully consider making a contribution to the Hope House Ministry to help us grow and eventually provide more opportunities for families experiencing the same need.
Keep in mind that housing is for one patient and one caregiver. This is a non-smoking, alcohol and drug free facility. No pets are allowed. Requests are subject to approval and availability—there are no guarantees when requesting specific dates on the required Reservations Request Form. We will accept up to three request forms per year for three different dates.
If you or your loved one meet these criteria, begin the reservation request by completing the forms below and emailing or faxing them to , 713.957.6768.
If you have any questions regarding the Hope House or the registration process, please contact , 713.957.6760.