What is CAPS?
CAPS is the Christian Association of Psychological studies. It is made up of:
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Professional Counselors
- Pastoral Counselors
- Professors & Researchers
- Social Workers
- Psychiatric Nurses
- Guidance Counselors
- Students & Professionals in Training
CAPS Exists To…
- Understand the relationship between Christianity and the behavioral sciences at both the clinical/counseling and the theoretical/research levels.
- Provide fellowship among Christians in psychological and related professions.
- Encourage the spiritual, emotional and professional well-being of our members.
- Provide educational and research opportunities that assist the profession and the community at large.
- Through its various programs, CAPS encourages the pursuit of excellence ... in the counseling clinic, in the classroom, in the community and in the member's spiritual and emotional life.
Why a Local Chapter?
We have started a local chapter of CAPS in Houston to provide a sense of community and as a resource for Christian mental health professionals. The work that is done on a daily basis by each of us can be taxing and difficult. A place of community and encouragement is important as Christians and professionals. Also it is a good opportunity to share resources and elevate the quality of care that the Christian community can provide to this great city.
How Do I Join?
CAPS is a national organization and you can join through their website
To learn more about CAPS you can go to http://caps.net
Join us on Facebook
Contact: C. Huston McComb