Registration deadline: Fri, Feb 26
From Exodus 22:22 to James 1:27, the importance of serving widows is evident. As men who are called to lead through serving, the Band of Brothers mobilizes teams of men across the city of Houston to serve the widows of our church.
We are looking for men who are able to work and lead other men in serving. Men who have lawn equipment and tools. Men who enjoy serving alongside other men. Men who are simply willing to work in service to the King of Kings.
Adapted Men:Serve for COVID-19
To accommodate the safety of all involved, and to serve our widows’ needs, we are adapting our Men:Serve approach for Sat, Mar 6. The following changes will be made:
- We are limiting face-to-face interactions with the widows and will require face masks be worn and social distancing practiced when interacting with them.
- Not all widow sites will have work needs inside the home. You will have the opportunity within the registration to select your preference on whether or not you would be comfortable being assigned to a site that will require work to be done INSIDE THE HOME.
- We will deploy men directly from their homes to their assigned site.
If you have any problems with registration or have a question about Men:Serve, and our special COVID-19 approach, please contact Julianne Kho at Julianne.Kho@HoustonsFirst.org or 713-957-7681.
- All men MUST register by Fri, Feb 26 (eight days before the event) in order for us to create teams.
- A background check done by the church is REQUIRED FOR ANYONE 16 YEARS OR OLDER that wants to serve at Men:Serve. If you do not have a background check on file with the church, you will not be allowed to serve at Men:Serve. (This is for both the well-being of the ladies we serve and you). Background checks are valid for 5 years. Once you have registered for Men:Serve, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK HAS EXPIRED, OR YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE ON FILE.
- If you desire to serve with men in your Grow Group or Life Bible Study class, please list that in the "Life Bible Study (if any)" section of the registration form. We will do our best to make that happen.
- If you have a son or daughter, please register them too. We ask that they be of school age and capable of working alongside of you. If you are unsure, please ask us.
- You will receive your team and mission assignment for a widow via email the Wednesday before the Men:Serve event.
- Please bring the supplies that you have been asked to bring.
No walk-ups allowed. Please register as soon as possible. Spots are limited. Thank you!