Registration deadline: Fri, Apr 10
From Exodus 22:22 to James 1:27, the importance of serving widows is evident. As men who are called to lead through serving, the Band of Brothers mobilizes teams of men across the city of Houston to serve the widows of our church.
We are looking for men who are able to work and lead other men in serving. Men who have lawn equipment and tools. Men who enjoy serving alongside other men. Men who are simply willing to work in service to the King of Kings.
SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTICE FOR SAT, APR 18 MEN:SERVE EVENT
In response to COVID-19 we are adapting our approach for the Sat, Apr 18 Men:Serve to accommodate the safety of all involved. We are making the following changes:
- We will ONLY do work OUTSIDE of the house (including storage sheds and garage)
- There will NOT be face-to-face interaction with the widows, again to ensure the health and safety of all involved
- We will deploy men directly from their homes to their assigned site. We will NOT have a large initial gathering at the Loop. And, we will NOT come back to the Loop for a lunch. Teams may agree to get a meal together, but we are not offering anything.
- Each team (if they are needing tools) may send a representative to the Loop campus where we will check out the tools (as normal) to the teams such as power washers, rakes, etc.
- The tools will be returned to the Loop and we will wipe them down with Clorox wipes and store for future jobs.
- All men MUST register by Fri, Apr 10 (eight days before the event) in order for us to create teams.
- A background check done by the church is REQUIRED FOR ANYONE 16 YEARS OR OLDER that wants to serve at Men:Serve. If you do not have a background check on file with the church, you will not be allowed to serve at Men:Serve. (This is for both the well-being of the ladies we serve and you). Background checks are valid for 5 years. Once you have registered for Men:Serve, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK HAS EXPIRED, OR YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE ON FILE.
- If you desire to serve with men in your Grow Group or Life Bible Study class, please list that in the "Life Bible Study (if any)" section of the registration form. We will do our best to make that happen.
- If you have a son, please register them too. We ask that they be of school age and capable of working alongside of you. If you are unsure, please ask us.
- You will receive your team, mission assignment, and location for your widow by email, the week of the event.
- Please bring the supplies that you have been asked to bring.
No walk-ups allowed. Please register as soon as possible. Spots are limited. Thank you!