Overall goal of going on a trip: To learn, encourage and fellowship with our brothers and sisters around the world, coming alongside them in love, and at the same time receiving what God wants to do in our hearts ultimately changing how we live.
What we look for in potential team members: We want people that are faithful, available and teachable.
Commitment: 12-16 week commitment to the whole process of pre-trip, trip and post trip debrief.
Steps to joining a mission trip:
- Click the “Interest Form” button under “Details" below
- On the trip’s page, click the “Apply Today” button
- Select the “Sign Up In 30 Seconds” button
- Fill out all required text boxes
- Click “Sign Me Up!” button to continue
- Complete the application questions provided
- Click “Submit Application” when finished
- Click “Update My Profile” button when prompted
- Complete ALL of the profile questions
- Click “Save” when finished
- A missions staff associate will contact you for a phone interview
- Once the interview is done, you will receive an email letting you know if you’ve been accepted or not
For fundraising efforts, you will have your own personal URL that can be shared with potential donors. For more information on fundraising, contact your team leader or Ameer.Omar@HoustonsFirst.org
There is a non-refundable $50.00 application fee. If you are accepted to join the team, the fee will be attributed to the cost of your trip.
On campus-specific trips, preference is given to members who attend that campus. The trips are open to members from other campuses as space is available.
Please be aware that all Houston’s First mission trips, including dates and prices, are subject to change. Once you are registered for a trip you are responsible for airfare if you decide to withdraw form the team.