Christmas at the Mansions is a ministry of the Cypress Campus of Houston's First Baptist Church that has been in the works since we first launched in 2013. This ministry was started through time spent with the families at the Mansions at Hastings Green while we were "on mission" during Houston 1:8 in the summer.
We would like to celebrate the true gift of Christmas, Jesus Christ, with the children whom we have built relationships with over the last several years at the Mansions.
Here's how you can help:
- SELECT an envelope with gift ideas from one of the 70 friends we’ve made during Houston1:8 VBS. It will include your friend’s hobbies, interests, and clothing/shoe size. Spend no more than $25 on a toy and no more than $75 for clothing needs. The Cypress Campus will provide a Bible for you to personalize for your new friend. Do this as a family, join with another family, or select several friends with your Life Bible Study group.
- Bring your unwrapped gifts to the Cypress Campus any Sunday, or on Mon-Thu from 8:30a-4:30p thru Tue, Dec 4.
- The HUB Students will wrap all the gifts collected during their Student Christmas party on Wed, Dec 5.
- SHORT ON TIME? Our shopping committee will shop for you using the money you donate.
- DONATE money, gift cards, or a gift from the Gift Ideas list (see here) for the Christmas party we will host for the residents of the Mansions the evening of Thu, Dec 13.
- ATTEND the party! We will have dinner, sing Christmas carols, and raffle all the gifts donated by Houston’s First and experience the joy of season together.
- PRAY for the opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for God’s blessing upon the residents of the Mansions.
To learn more details of how this works and to get gift ideas, click below:
CHRISTMAS AT THE MANSIONS