Ever wonder what Christianity looks like around the world? Do you want to see how other cultures worship and share Jesus?
HUB International is the best way to experience overseas missions and how God's Kingdom is growing around the world. 11th & 12th Grade students have the opportunity to partner with Oakham Baptist Church in Oakham, Rutland (2 hours north of London) in June!
Students will learn what it looks like to be a follower of Jesus in a post-Christian culture, share their faith in different environments and locations, and experience church in very different ways!
Students will get full exposure by staying in host homes, traveling locally, and eating cultural cuisine.
We believe students will leave this trip having a full grasp on their passions and spiritual gifts and see ways they can use them for God's Kingdom for a lifetime!
1. How can I fund this trip?
- We encourage all students to fund this trip like a missionary would, by raising support from friends and family! Write letters, invite people to prayerfully join you, work in new ways to earn funds, etc.
2. Is this just a sightseeing trip to England?
- Not at all! Although it's not a third-world country England is very diverse and culturally different/challenging. Students will experience a post-christian culture that doesn't naturally know Jesus or make choices based on a faith following.
3. Is there training for this trip?
- Yes! The team will begin training for this trip in the Spring with at least 3 training gatherings.
4. Where does the team stay while they are there?
- Students and leaders stay in host-homes throughout the city of Oakham. All host-homes are screened and approved through the UK Safeguarding standards & through Oakham Baptist Church.
5. Does the team stay in Oakham each day?
- No. Students will travel to Oakham, Corby, Leicester, Stamford, and more cities for ministry opportunities. We travel either by car, train, or tube.
Questions? Contact Tony.Bianco@HoustonsFirst.org