Come fall in love with the Bible! In this two-part study, Dwight Edwards will take us through the Old Testament and the New Testament. He'll help us understand how it all fits together, and help us draw nearer to Jesus Christ!
Register for The Old Testament in 90 Minutes and The New Testament in 90 Minutes separately below.
Registration required to receive class workbook.
The Old Testament in 90 Minutes
Tuesday, June 7 @ 7–8:30p — The Loop (Chapel)
Does the Old Testament overwhelm you and seem way too difficult to understand well? Does it seem almost contradictory to the teachings of the New Testament? Come join us as we make our way through the whole of the Old Testament in just 90 minutes!
The goal of this study is to help you fall in love with the Old Testament, enable you to understand how all its books fit together, and – most of all – help you to draw nearer to the central Figure of the Old Testament – Jesus Christ!
On this journey we will discover:
- How all the Old Testament from Genesis to Malachi fits together.
- The real reason for why Gen.1,2 was written.
- Why Gen. 12:1-3 is the very backbone of the Bible.
- The reason God created Israel and her three-fold calling.
- The 5 covenants and the differences between them.
- The 4 different kinds of kings in Samuel, Chronicles, and Kings.
- How Christ is the “scarlet thread” that runs through the entirety of the Old Testament.
- The 3 different kinds of prophets and their unique contribution.
- The differences between the Old and New Covenants.
- Why we needed the New Covenant and what it provides that the Old Covenant did not.
Register for The Old Testament in 90 Minutes
The New Testament in 90 Minutes
Tuesday, June 14 @ 7–8:30p — The Loop (Chapel)
Come join us as we journey through the magnificent landscape of the New Testament and discover how all the different portions of the New Testament fit together!
The goal of this study is exactly the same as our study of the Old Testament – to help you fall in love with the New Testament, enable you to understand how all its books fit together, and to help you draw nearer to the central figure of the New Testament – Jesus Christ.
In particular, we will explore:
- Why C.S. Lewis described the birth of Jesus as “the rightful King landing in disguise.”
- Why the ministry of Jesus was simply the continuation of the Abrahamic covenant.
- Why there are 4 gospels and the uniqueness of each gospel.
- The significance of the Sermon on the Mount and its central message.
- The major shift in the second half of Jesus’s ministry from the first. What His ministry was preeminently targeted towards.
- Why the book of Acts is simply the continuation of the gospel of Luke.
- What the purposes of the epistles are. What the 2 types of epistles are.
- Why Romans and Ephesians are uniquely important.
- What 2 things must happen before Jesus will return.
- How the Abrahamic Covenant is fulfilled in the book of Revelation.
- The 2 things that are lost in the garden (Gen. 3) and are regained in the book of Revelation.
Register for The New Testament in 90 Minutes