Who We Are:
Global Frontier Missions (GFM) is a movement of Christ-centered communities dedicated to mobilizing, training, and multiplying disciples and churches to reach the physical and spiritual needs of the unreached people groups of the earth. Particularly, Global Frontier Missions works alongside refugee resettlement agencies and helps recruit volunteers to help with a variety of programs to ensure that these refugees become contributing members of our society and start becoming self-sufficient.
What We Do:
- Mobilizing: We want to raise awareness concerning the needs around the world, so that people and churches can be more strategic in fulfilling their role in the Great Commission. We do this by hosting short-term mission trips, holding missions seminars/conferences, and getting involved in local churches to cast vision for the unreached people groups.
- Training: We want to train as many people as possible to go and serve long-term among the unreached people groups of the world. Our Missionary Training Schools are a perfect way for people to get their feet wet in missions right here in the US as they learn some language, cross cultural barriers, begin building relationships with internationals, etc. before launching off overseas.
- Multiplying: We want to reach out and engage in church planting among the internationals living close to us with the hope of seeing them evangelized and discipled to the point that they can go back and reach their own people. We do this by focusing on immigrants, refugees, and international students living in close proximity to us. Our desire is to plant simple, reproducible churches in apartment complexes, homes, and on college campuses. We also want to send out long-term church planting teams to serve among the unreached people groups of the earth.
Work With Refugees by:
- Helping refugees to meet their immediate needs upon arrival. These include helping refugee families find and furnish a first apartment, learn the public transportation system, get their children into school, find a doctor, learn English and secure a job. Refugees are expected to become self-sufficient within their first year of arrival to the U.S.
- Aiding refugees in overcoming past trauma and grief and helping them develop new support systems in America. Our goal is to connect every refugee family with a local church, small group, or Christian family.
- Preparing refugees for long-term success. This includes everything from managing money and understanding credit, to training for a new career or re-establishing professional credentials in the U.S.
Pray for the unreached people groups which are represented in Houston and pray for those who are working with them. Look to possibly go on a one day Mission Exposure Trip or a longer Mission Explorer Trip. Also help with ESL classes and with those already working with refugees here in the city.
To volunteer go to globalfrontiermissions.org/forms/contact/contact.html
For more info visit GlobalFrontierMissions.org.