Registration deadline: Fri, Sep 11
From Exodus 22:22 to James 1:27, the importance of serving widows is evident. As men who are called to lead through serving, the Band of Brothers mobilizes teams of men across the city of Houston to serve the widows of our church.
We are looking for men who are able to work and lead other men in serving. Men who have lawn equipment and tools. Men who enjoy serving alongside other men. Men who are simply willing to work in service to the King of Kings.
Special COVID-19 Adapted Men:Serve for Sep 19
To accommodate the safety of all involved, and to serve our widows’ needs, we are adapting our Men:Serve approach for Sat, Sep 19. The following changes will be made:
- We will resume addressing our widows’ needs inside their homes. We will follow recommended guidelines and wear face masks and practice social distancing.
- Not all widow sites will have work needs inside the home. You will have the opportunity within the registration to select your preference on whether or not you would be comfortable being assigned to a site that will require work to be done INSIDE THE HOME.
- We will minimize face-to-face interaction with the widow and will require face masks be worn and social distancing practiced when interacting with her.
- We will deploy men directly from their homes to their assigned site. We will NOT have a large initial gathering at The Loop (with the exception of Team Leads for a meeting that Saturday morning). And, we will NOT come back to The Loop for a lunch. Teams may agree to get a meal together, but we are not offering anything.
- Each team (if they are needing tools) may send a representative (usually the Team Lead) to the Loop campus where we will check out the tools (as normal) to the teams such as power washers, rakes, etc.
- The tools will be returned back to The Loop and we will sanitize them and store for future jobs.
If you have any problems with registration or have a question about Men:Serve, and our special COVID-19 approach, please contact Julianne Kho at Julianne.Kho@HoustonsFirst.org or 713-957-7681.
- All men MUST register by Fri, Sep 11 (eight days before the event) in order for us to create teams.
- A background check done by the church is REQUIRED FOR ANYONE 16 YEARS OR OLDER that wants to serve at Men:Serve. If you do not have a background check on file with the church, you will not be allowed to serve at Men:Serve. (This is for both the well-being of the ladies we serve and you). Background checks are valid for 5 years. Once you have registered for Men:Serve, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED IF YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK HAS EXPIRED, OR YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE ON FILE.
- If you desire to serve with men in your Grow Group or Life Bible Study class, please list that in the "Life Bible Study (if any)" section of the registration form. We will do our best to make that happen.
- If you have a son, please register them too. We ask that they be of school age and capable of working alongside of you. If you are unsure, please ask us.
- You will receive your team and mission assignment for a widow from your Team Leader by email the week of the event.
- Please bring the supplies that you have been asked to bring.
No walk-ups allowed. Please register as soon as possible. Spots are limited. Thank you!