Retreat Speaker – Kenny Luck
Worship Leader – Ryan Langford
Ignite the Fire!
Wherever you are in your journey, the God of the universe is excited to help you take the next step. Join together with other men for an action-packed time of adventure, inspiration, and connection at the beautiful Pineywoods Retreat Center located in Woodlake, TX – about two hours north of Houston. This retreat is for men 18 years and older from any of our campuses – and guests, too.
The theme this year is “Ignite the Fire!” and we’ll unpack it together in three keynote sessions and some impactful Ignite Group sessions where men of all ages connect together.
Our retreat speaker for the weekend will be Kenny Luck, the Pastor at Crossline Church in Laguna Hills, CA.
The prayer is that every man will discover:
- a refined vision for his life
- a restored commitment to courageous living
- a renewed connection with each other
- a set of practical tools to journey ahead
About the Speaker
We have the pleasure of hearing from Retreat Speaker, Kenny Luck!
Kenny Luck is the Founder and President of Every Man Ministries. He is a trusted expert on men’s issues and writes the “Every Man” column for the Christian Post addressing men’s issues and current events. As the former men’s pastor at Saddleback Church, his strategy and model for men’s ministry, SLEEPING GIANT, was selected by LifeWay Christian as their resource for churches worldwide. Kenny has personally reached over two million men through his live outreaches, podcasts, books and his ON DEMAND men’s meetings at everymanministries.com. Kenny and his wife Chrissy have been married 26 years. They have three children (Cara, Ryan and Jenna) and live in Trabuco Canyon, California.
About the Worship Leader
Ryan serves as a worship leader at Houston’s First Baptist Church. He has served in full-time ministry for over 19 years. He oversees five campus worship teams and enjoys the team development process. He and his wife Amanda have four teenage boys and live in the Katy, TX area.
- Fri, Oct 4 @ 10a–2p — Optional Golf Scramble (details below)
- Fri, Oct 4 @ 3–7p — Check In (arrive any time!)
- Fri, Oct 4 @ 4p — Optional charter bus departs from The Loop Campus (details below)
- Fri, Oct 4 @ 6:30–7:30p — Dinner
- Fri, Oct 4 @ 7:45p — First Session Begins
- Sat, Oct 5 @ 5p — Retreat Wraps Up*
*Note: for Summit Young Single Men, there is a bonus dinner and session with Kenny Luck ending at 7p
Activities & Additional Options
Activities include: Axe Throwing*, Top Shot*, Adventure Park Ropes Course*, Fire Starting, Football and Soccer (bring your own equipment), Basketball, Sand Volleyball, Human Foosball, 9 Square, GaGa Ball, Tether Ball, Fishing (no license required), Canoeing and Kayaking, and hanging out with friends.
*Note: You must sign up for these activities in advance through the retreat registration for these activities. For the Adventure Park Ropes Course there is an additional $25 fee. All other activities are included in the cost of the retreat.
NEW! Charter Bus
- $20 additional cost. Cost includes: round trip from The Loop Campus of Houston's First to Pineywoods Camp, and dinner served on bus coming home.
- Don't like driving at rush hour or for long periods of time? Want to have a fun, casual time with other guys instead of fighting traffic? Then consider taking the Inaugural Charter Bus. The bus will leave from the parking lot of The Loop Campus of Houston's First at 4p. (The bus WILL NOT wait for you!) The bus will leave at the completion of the retreat on Sat, Oct. 5th. The bus comes equipped with complimentary WIFI, entertainment systems, a restroom, and electrical plugs.
Adventure Park Ropes Course
- $25 additional cost
- This is a 3-story, high-ropes challenge course with over 50 elements & multiple exit options including: Quick jump, Trapeze jump, Automatic zip line and Dual 500-foot zip lines. 275-pound weight limit for zip lines. Closed toe shoes required.
- $40 additional cost. Cost includes: cart, tee-time, lunch and prizes!
- Limited to 50 spots.
- If you would like some friendly golf competition, then come up early Fri, Oct. 4th for our Golf Scramble! Tee-times begin at 10a and will finish by 2p.
- This is a FREE activity.
- You will have to dig deep and call upon your inner woodland beast for this activity! Axe throwing can be done by anyone of any size. Axeperts will be on-site to provide you a brief safety instruction and show you how to safely handle an axe and chuck it with accuracy, while giving you tips on how to capture that illustrious Bullseye! Closed toe shoes must be worn.
Top Shot Competition
- This is a FREE activity.
- Spots are limited, so register soon.
- If you are looking for a fun competition involving guns, knives, and arrows, then Top Shot is for you!!! Competing on 4-man teams, each team will vie against one another for the “Top Shot” honors! The teams will send one man to each of four areas of competition:
- Knife Throwing
- Long Rifle Target Range
- Skeet Shooting
- The highest scoring team will emerge as the “Top Shots.” Competition will be on Saturday during free time.
- For the safety and well-being of everyone at the retreat, please do not bring your own guns and ammunition. Guns and ammunition will be provided for this activity. Thank you for your understanding.
Cost & Lodging
Cost varies depending on type of lodging and optional activities. All lodging has air conditioning.
- Dorms: $95
(Early Bird - $80) — Rustic dorm style cabins that sleep up to 20 men. Each contains 4 restrooms and climate control. Perfect for a Life Bible Study to get.
- Motel: $115
(Early Bird - $100) —
Space is limited. Each room has 1 queen bed, 1 set of bunk beds and a private bathroom. We will assign up to 3 men to these rooms.
- There are no single occupancy options. If you need to discuss a double occupancy room option, please contact us.
- Confidential Scholarships are available. Don’t let finances prevent you from coming to this event. If you need a scholarship, please contact Julianne Kho at 713-957-7681.
- Early Bird Discount of $15 off total registration ends Mon, Aug 19.
Retreat price includes Band of Brothers T-Shirt, Retreat Survival Kit, 3 meals, lodging, most activities, snacks, digital downloads of all sessions, and opportunities to connect with other men on this journey called life.
For any cost or registration related questions, contact Julianne Kho at Julianne.Kho@HoustonsFirst.org or 713-957-7681.
For any retreat related questions, contact Julianne Kho at Julianne.Kho@HoustonsFirst.org or 713-957-7681.