Details coming at a later date.
Questions? Contact Zac Hufty
How to Join a Mission Team
We encourage members of Houston’s First to participate in the worldwide missions movement. To make that possible, we have an established process for joining a mission team or project.
- Click the “Interest Form” button under the “Details” section
- On the trip’s page, click the “Apply Today” button
- Either login or create an account
- Complete the application questions provided
- Click “Submit Application” when finished
- Click “Update My Profile” button when prompted
- Complete ALL of the profile questions
- Click “Save” when finished
- A Missions staff associate will contact you for a phone interview
- Once the interview is done, you will receive an email letting you know if you’ve been accepted or not
What to Expect
Once a decision has been made for you to join a specific team, you will receive an email from FOCUS Missions that provides you with a link to be on the team. This is where you will electronically sign waivers and complete your paperwork for your upcoming trip.
Purchase Passport & Visa
We encourage every person to own a passport. The passport cost and visa fees are not included in your team overall cost unless otherwise noted. You can apply to a team prior to securing a passport. If you own a passport, please review it to make sure you have plenty of blank pages (a minimum of 4-5 pages when traveling internationally with multiple stops). Also, verify the expiration date of your passport is six (6) months beyond the date of return to the United States.
If your trip leaves in eight (8) weeks or less and you have not applied for a new passport, please contact the Missions staff or team leader for information on how to expedite your passport.
All team meetings are required unless providentially hindered. Attendance at these will usually be on a Sunday following morning church worship services. These are led by the team leader.
Mission Trip Financial Information
- All trip contributions are non-refundable.
- Team membership is NOT secured until deposit is paid.
- Trip participant must be fully funded a week prior to the departure date to attend trip.
- If you raised $200 or less over the trip cost, it will be transferred to the general mission trip scholarship fund.
- If a trip participant raises more than $200 of excess funds, then the following option are available within 60 days:
- Funds may be transferred to another trip team member (prior to the trip departure)
- Funds can be applied to another person on another trip.
- It can be put into the mission trip designated Scholarship account for your future use.
- Funds can be transferred to general mission trip scholarship fund.
- Trip Cancellation
- If a team member withdrawals from the trip due to personal reasons. The following schedule applies:
- If participant withdraws Prior to flights being purchased, your deposit is forfeited but no other funds are required
- If participant withdraws after the purchase of flights, then the participant is responsible for the airfare cost.
- If team member withdrawals within 30 days prior to departure of the trip then the participant is responsible for the full trip cost.
- If HFBC cancels a trip due to non participation or security issues. The Participant’s fund have the same options as listed in section 5.