The Cypress Campus of Houston’s First welcomes Roger Cullins as our new Minister of Worship! Roger is not new to our church — he served on our staff before the Cypress Campus even began.
“I’m most excited about joining God’s work at Houston’s First – Cypress because of the clear call of God,” Roger says. “If God is in it, then it’s going to be great! What I love about the Cypress Campus are the warm people and the opportunity to give the hope of Jesus to a growing community.”
Along with Roger, we welcome his wife Kat and their three children — Parker (4), Ella (2), and Kate (11 months). Roger and Kat, who once served on our church’s Missions staff, met while serving as adult leaders during our HUB Student Ministry’s Rush Week and were married in February 2013.
Getting to know Roger
- Raised in League City, TX
- Attended Bay Area Church and Christian School until college
- Graduated from Howard Payne University (Major in Speech Communication)
Worship Leading Experience
- Led worship for camps and conferences with brothers Chris and Danny in a worship band during college years
- Worship leader at Houston’s First Baptist Church (2004-2010)
- Traveling worship artist and church consultant (2010-2012)
- Worship Pastor at Bay Area Church (2012-2019)
- Recorded and produced five albums
- Hobbies: spending time with his family, golf, growing trees for his tree farm
- Bible character: King David. He was a worshipper and a warrior. He had everything but valued the presence and anointing of God above all.
- Bible verse: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” — Joshua 1:9
Connect with Roger