WORLD MISSION OFFERING
Sunday, Mar 28, 2021
While much about how we “do church” this year has changed in some ways, the heart of the Houston’s First family has remained the same — especially our passion for missions and advancing the Gospel message. That’s why we’re looking forward to what God is going to do through our church through this year’s World Mission Offering.
Millions of dollars are set aside for missional efforts in our annual church budget thanks to your ongoing generosity. However, the World Mission Offering is a specific expression of our church’s whole-hearted support for what the Lord is doing through missionaries serving in our state, across the nation, and around the world. This is an opportunity for Houston’s First to send a united message that we long for people to hear the Good News of Jesus.
When it comes to supporting missions, we are truly better together.
Giving to the World Mission Offering has increased in recent years — from about 700 donors in 2017 to 2,765 in 2020. Among the givers last year were 407 people who gave for the very first time! As we all give, we serve as an example to our brothers and sisters at other churches, too. For many years, Houston’s First has consistently been among the highest giving churches in when it comes to supporting missional endeavors through the Southern Baptist Convention’s Cooperative Program
Let’s continue to make a difference together for the Gospel through the World Mission Offering!
Our Mission Goal
Our goal for this year’s World Mission Offering is $1,400,000, to be distributed as follows:
- International Mission Board — $1,000,000
- North American Mission Board — $300,000
- Southern Baptists of Texas Convention — $100,000
What if we raise more than our goal?
If more than $1,400,000 is contributed, the additional funds will go to these projects and organizations:
- Faith Center-Spring Branch Remodeling — $250,000
- Scripture Translation — $200,000
- Legacy 685 Adoption, Foster, & Orphan Care — $100,000
- Church Planting in India — $90,000
- Human Trafficking Initiatives — $60,000
How can I give?
On World Mission Offering day, the moment in our worship services when we submit our World Mission Offering contributions will look different than in recent years due to COVID-19 and social distancing. You can give online that day (or any day before then), or you can bring an envelope and place it in the designated area at your campus. Remember that donations to the World Mission Offering are tax-deductible and are in addition to our regular tithes and offerings given to Houston’s First.
There are several ways to submit your contribution:
- On Mobile: Text HFBCGIVE to 81411 (or, use the church’s app)
- Online: Visit the Giving page here
- On Campus: Place an envelope with cash or check made payable to Houston's First Baptist Church in the designated place at your campus (note World Mission Offering on the check or envelope)
- By Mail: Mail a check payable to Houston’s First Baptist Church (memo: World Mission Offering) to:
Houston's First Baptist Church
Attn: World Mission Offering
7401 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024
As we approach World Mission Offering day, pray about what your contribution will be on this day of giving at Houston’s First. Our church family consistently shows your generous spirit over and over again — and have continued to do so during a challenging time for all of us. We look forward to seeing what God is going to do through our church as we come together to support those who are called to GO in His name!
Director of Missions