WORLD MISSION OFFERING
Sunday, Apr 2, 2023
Did you know that Houston's First was founded in 1841 by a foreign missionary from the United States of America who was sent to the sovereign Republic of Texas? For over 180 years, the heart of the Houston’s First family has reflected our humble beginnings as we've supported missionaries to go forth and share the Good News of Jesus Christ. One way we do that is by giving directly to missionary-sending entities through our annual World Mission Offering.
Millions of dollars are set aside for missional efforts in our annual church budget thanks to your ongoing generosity. However, the World Mission Offering is a specific expression of our church’s whole-hearted support for what the Lord is doing through missionaries serving in our state, across the nation, and around the world. This is an opportunity for Houston’s First to send a united message that we long for people to hear the Good News of Jesus.
When it comes to supporting missions, we are truly better together!
For many years, Houston’s First has consistently been among the highest giving churches in the nation when it comes to supporting missional endeavors through the Southern Baptist Convention’s Cooperative Program. As such, we have been honored to serve as an example to our brothers and sisters at other churches, too. This year, based on our church family's proven generosity in recent years, we once again look forward to enabling missionaries and the advancement of the Gospel through a bold and difference-making response to the World Mission Offering!
Our Mission Goal
Our goal for this year’s World Mission Offering is $1,900,000 to be distributed as follows:
- International Mission Board — $1,000,000
- North American Mission Board — $800,000
- Southern Baptists of Texas Convention — $100,000
What if we raise more than our goal?
If more than $1,900,000 is contributed, the additional funds will go toward our many ongoing missions endeavors in Houston and around the world.
How To Pray
Leading up to Sun, Apr 2 — our day of giving to the World Mission Offering — consider the following as you pray:
- Ask God to deepen even further our church family's desire for the Gospel to go forward and our eagerness to support missionaries financially.
- How is God leading you to give generously to support missionaries on the field?
- What gift will best honor the sacrifices missionaries have already made to follow God's call?
How To Give
On Sun, Apr 2, we will have a moment in each worship service at every campus when the Houston’s First family will be invited to give their offering to support those called to GO. You can also choose to give online then (or any day before then). Remember that donations to the World Mission Offering are tax-deductible and are in addition to our two-year Kainos commitments.
If you will not be able to gather with us in person on Sun, Apr 2, there are several ways to submit your contribution:
- On Mobile: Text KAINOS to 44322 (or, use the church’s app)
- Online: Visit the Giving page here
- On Campus: Place an envelope with cash or check made payable to Houston's First Baptist Church in the designated place at your campus (note "World Mission Offering" on the check or envelope)
- By Mail: Mail a check payable to Houston’s First Baptist Church (memo: World Mission Offering) to:
Houston's First Baptist Church
Attn: World Mission Offering
7401 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024
As we approach World Mission Offering day, pray about what your contribution will be on this day of giving at Houston’s First. Our church family consistently shows your generous spirit over and over again. We look forward to seeing what God is going to do through our church as we come together to support those who are called to GO in His name!
Director of Missions